Top Tourist Destinations in India
The India, being very large geography makes in travel list of every tourist. Travelers who want to see and experience how people of many cultures, colors and religion live together must give India a visit. No traveler can see whole India in a single visit. If one wishes so, he / she must have to stay here for years. This is why people from all countries visit India again and again. You can read more about the top travel destinations at India travel blogs.
Every destination is unique from East to West and North to South. To help you in your travel plan I have compiled here Top 8 Travel Destinations in India.
1. Agra – The Taj Mahal: The name is enough to put a smile on your face, curiosity in mind and hope in your eyes. The Taj Mahal a.k.a. ‘The Lovers Paradise’ was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his loveliest wife Mumtaj. Known for its awesome beauty and the superb architecture, the Taj Mahal is UNESCO’s World Heritage Site. It’s a must visit place for everyone, the young, the growing and the old. Visit this place once and you will promise yourself to revisit here again. I bet it.
The location of Agra is close to National Capital New Delhi, approximately, 5/6 hours drive.
2. Jaipur: Popularly known as Pink City, Jaipur makes in the priority list of every traveler. It’s the Capital of the State of Rajasthan. Some of the popular tourist places of attractions in Jaipur are:
Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal, and Central Museum (Albert Hall Museum). Jaipur is also famous for leather goods. You can buy top variety leather accessories here at affordable prices.
3. Goa: Want to enjoy your holidays in the nature’s lap, learn new culture and language? Well, Goa is ideal destination for you. Round the year, you can find people in Goa not only from India but from every nationality. Goa is vibrant round the year.
4. Kashmir: The ‘Heaven On Earth’ Kashmir Valley known for beautiful lakes, vibrant beauty and motherly touch is must visit place in India. Do you know; Kashmir is known to heal the sick naturally.
5. Kanyakumari: You may have witnessed many Sunrises and Sunsets in life, 20, 40, 60 or hundreds. Ever seen a moonrise and sunset simultaneously? This is why; you should visit Kanyakumari at least once. If you have kids, bring them along. Kids are much curious to understand everything. The convergence of three streams, the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean, and the Arabian Sea – makes the sunrise and sunset even more special.
6. Kerala (Backwaters): Kerala known for beautiful backwaters, ecotourism and massage therapy is one of the Paradises in the world. Come here to relax and enjoy in the lap of nature. Witness beautiful waterfalls, animals and plat varieties. All top tourist destinations in Kerala have top class hotels, resorts and homestay facilities to give you perfect home like ambiance.
7. New Delhi: The National Capital New Delhi is place for many historic heritage sites and monuments; Red Ford, Old Fort, Humayun Tomb, Qutab Minar, India Gate, Delhi Gate are some famous places of tourist attractions in Delhi. Old Delhi area, also called as Chandani Chowk near Red Fort is known for historic Indian cuisines.
8. Darjeeling: Where else on the earth can you breather fresh air if not in Darjeeling. Known for its natural brilliance, the Darjeeling’s natural gift to travelers is the Dawn of a new day. The mountain region awakes first then only rest of India. Go for a steep ride about 5kms via Ghoom to Tiger Hills and watch the sky painted in different natural colors viz; magenta, gold, orange and fuchsia at dawn. What else you need to watch more magical than this play of Sun with nature?